- How did you start creating art?
It has been long time ago, when I was seven years old. My mom took me to art school. Then there was the art department of the university. Since then and the for all my life, I was engaged in art.
2. Please tell us a bit about the artwork that was selected as the “Honorable Mention” (style, technique, your inspiration etc)
The work “Montenegrian pastoral” was done on natural silk, using the cold batik technique, which I use most often. My surroundings inspire me – this view is 10 meters from my home in Montenegro, where I have been living for over 10 years.
3. What quarantine has meant to you? Was it difficult to work in isolation and what effect this unprecedented time had on your work and creativity?
Actually, we live isolated anyway. For me it has been very productive period, for I was not distracted.
- What do you think about trends in contemporary art?
I don’t really follow trens in contemporary art. I prefer the classical, although sometimes there are very interesting contemporary artists. But for me these are rather exceptions to the general rule.
- Please tell us a bit about your current work and some future projects.
At this time, I started a series of works dedicated to the northern region of Montenegro. I want to convey all the charm of those places which I love very much.